DIY Fall Leaf Wall Art
|November 1, 2012||Posted by bett4293 under Crafts, Decorating, Fall, home organization|
If you have been following my posts for the last few weeks, you know I have been busy with fall crafting, baking, and cooking. On one of my frequent trips to the local dollar store, I found leaf doilies which came in several shapes and colors. These are the two I purchased.
I knew I would soon need new wall art to replace the Halloween wall art currently in my living room. I had been contemplating various ideas for a while. When I saw these doilies, I knew they would be a perfect tool to use to make my diy fall leaf wall art. I also remembered seeing this post about spray painting doilies and used it for inspiration.
This project was one of the easiest I have done. The longest part of the project was waiting for the paint to dry.
Here’s what I used:
- 4 8×10 canvases
- spray paint
- 4 leaf doilies – 2 of each design
Here’s how I did it:
- I decided on how I wanted to place the leaves on the canvases.
- I used double sided tape to hold the doilies to the canvases.
- I took the canvases outside and spray painted them all.
- I waited for the paint to dry.
- I removed the doilies.
- Then I placed them into frames and hung them up on the wall.
Here’s how my DIY Fall Leaf Wall Art turned out:
- I painted all 4 canvases the same color to create the illusion that all 4 were part of one larger art piece.
- I wanted a color that would pop on my tan wall. I think this red gives it a modern feel.
I would love to hear about the projects you have planned for fall.